What breed are my 2 Roo's (Pictures)

sillycmoy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Utah~Utah County
So I got these chicks from a Preschool Hatching. I'm sure they are both Roo's. The teacher had no idea what she was given to hatch. My guess is some type of Brahma or Cochin Mix. I have 4 of these chicks, and I'm hoping that my other 2 are both pullets, and the one of them is a Bantam. They all came from the same person. I'm just trying to figure out what they might be since I can't have Roo's, and so I'm going to have to start thinking of finding them a new home. They were hatched Mar 25-26th so they are 6 1/2 weeks, not sure why the one still has no feathers, the other 3 are fully feathered.

Mr. Roo

Felix

After looking up D'uccle's. Maybe they are a D'uccle mix. My peanut chick that came with them is for sure a bantam, hasn't grown, and has white feathers all over the place, and she looks much like Mr. Roo with tons of white feathers in the mix, and really looks like some type of D'uccle after looking at the photos.

I at first thought of a Buff Brahma, but Mr. Roo has way too much black everywhere, and then Felix is way too heavily feathered on his legs for a Brahma. But I am a first time chicken mom, so I really don't know. So sad I have to re-home them.

Thanks everyone!

I have no idea what they are other then they are Roos, I know one that came with them are 1/2 the size of the 3. So I'm sure that on is a Bantam. My EEs and RIR that are 10 younger are the same size, and I'm sure they are going to be bigger then them shorty. So maybe they are all Bantams.

Back
Top Bottom