What breed are my bantams?

Chickenpoop143

Hatching
Mar 19, 2018
Hey guys! I just purchased these babies from my local TSC and I am stumped on breed. The almost solid black one has no leg feathers but the skunk looking ones do..any ideas? They were straight run Bantams. Their wing feathers are half black half white, solid white bellies and black backs with these pretty cool colors on top.

Attachments

• 9EDE9EAB-A4F7-4888-999A-E9177F84DB38.jpeg
    9EDE9EAB-A4F7-4888-999A-E9177F84DB38.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 25
They're adorable! :love We've been having a hard time getting bantam chicks IDed but I've been looking at tons of pictures trying to figure out what mine are so I'll try to lend a hand.

Are their legs feathered or bare?

They're adorable! :love We've been having a hard time getting bantam chicks IDed but I've been looking at tons of pictures trying to figure out what mine are so I'll try to lend a hand.

Are their legs feathered or bare?
Thank you this is the first time I haven’t been able to identify a breed lol their legs are feathered except the almost solid black one. I’ve looked and have exhausted myself looking at tons of different chick pics. The closets I have come is a mottled Japanese bantam chick but these have feathered legs so maybe a Cochin mix?

Thank you this is the first time I haven’t been able to identify a breed lol their legs are feathered except the almost solid black one. I’ve looked and have exhausted myself looking at tons of different chick pics. The closets I have come is a mottled Japanese bantam chick but these have feathered legs so maybe a Cochin mix?
What do yours look like?

I'm thinking mottled cochin for the ones with a bunch of white, and maybe barred cochin for the dark one? Take a look at those chicks and see what you think. That still leaves the bare legged one though. Do you have a picture from the side of him?

I think I have mine tracked down to gold sebrights, silver sebrights, silver duckwing game, and then the red game. Maybe. :gig

I'm thinking mottled cochin for the ones with a bunch of white, and maybe barred cochin for the dark one? Take a look at those chicks and see what you think. That still leaves the bare legged one though. Do you have a picture from the side of him?

I think I have mine tracked down to gold sebrights, silver sebrights, silver duckwing game, and then the red game. Maybe. :gig
Let me get a pic of that one real quick

Here is the one without feathered legs and the one with.

Attachments

• 0A4A5AEF-BC6B-4C34-8D34-830B469D05E4.jpeg
    0A4A5AEF-BC6B-4C34-8D34-830B469D05E4.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 20
  • A5E2C5B2-D0CC-4654-9F80-CF2401472848.jpeg
    A5E2C5B2-D0CC-4654-9F80-CF2401472848.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 22
Hmm that one is trickier. Does he have a bunch of white on his wings? I'm thinking a black variety of Old English or Japanese or Dutch but a lot of dark chicks seem to look like that! :)

Back
Top Bottom