What breed are my chickens?

Thank you every one! I have found out the white ones are California Whites. I'm still not sure about the brown one though. I don't believe she is an ISA brown. She is much darker. Also when she was younger she had really pretty grey colored under feathers too. I do believe..if I remember correctly.. the breed did have the word "brown" in it. But when I google brown breeds, all I find is ISA brown. I'm still open to any other possible ideas. She looks similar to my new Hampshire reds, but she is darker. Thank you again!

Thank you every one! I have found out the white ones are California Whites. I'm still not sure about the brown one though. I don't believe she is an ISA brown. She is much darker. Also when she was younger she had really pretty grey colored under feathers too. I do believe..if I remember correctly.. the breed did have the word "brown" in it. But when I google brown breeds, all I find is ISA brown. I'm still open to any other possible ideas. She looks similar to my new Hampshire reds, but she is darker. Thank you again!
Your leghorn hybrids aren’t California whites- that cross doesn’t have red leakage. As for the red hen, look at the pictures on this post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cinnamon-queen-thread.938674/post-14381458. Cinnamon queens/ISA browns/bovan browns/red sex links are usually a cross of leghorn x RIR, but sometimes hatcheries use a cross of silver laced wyandotte x RIR, producing chickens like your red hen.

Please help! I need help determining what breed my hens are. I have two white chickens with a few black spots on them. I got them from tractor supply but have forgotten what breed they are. Any ideas? The reddish brown hen also came from tractor supply. Her under feathers have a beautiful gray color. She looks similar to the new Hampshire reds I also have, but that's not her breed. All I remember about her was her breed had the word "brown" in it.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They just started laying, and I'm trying to determine who is laying which eggs.
Thanks!
Meg

View attachment 2459953View attachment 2459954View attachment 2459955View attachment 2459956
Your pretty orange girl is Isa brown. They are fun friendly hens

Back
Top Bottom