what breed are my gray chickens ? .

She looks just like my Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rocks! They're just pullets right now, but gonna be beautiful hens. My Black Copper Marans are supposed to lay chocolate colored eggs once they start laying.
20191104_173957.jpg

looks like the word is sapphire gem. Thanks all of the chicks i bought i did get a rooster and am looking forward to hatching more of these birds very calm and easy going.
Remember that they're sex links - which means that your hatch will likely mean a surprise mix of both breeds. Remember those nasty little Punnet Squares you did in middle/junior high school? The ones you swore you shouldn't have to learn because you'd never need them in "Real Life?" Surprise! :D

upload_2019-11-10_20-14-14.png

(borrowed from dummies.com!)

Remember those nasty little Punnet Squares you did in middle/junior high school? The ones you swore you shouldn't have to learn because you'd never need them in "Real Life?" Surprise! :D

View attachment 1956466
(borrowed from dummies.com!)

I loved the Punnet Squares. Alas, nothing is that simple. Real genetics turns my brain right off. I mean RIGHT off. Bottle genetics, I say. You’ll get a sleep elixir 100% effective for huge swaths of the population. For the few it doesn’t send fleeing into somnolence, it induces acute obsession and manic calculating disease. I admire those folks. I will, alas never be one because of irresistible somnolence.

looks like the word is sapphire gem. Thanks all of the chicks i bought i did get a rooster and am looking forward to hatching more of these birds very calm and easy going.

They're hybrids (parents of two different breeds) so they will not produce chicks exactly like themselves. But their chicks will probably have at least some of their good qualities.

I loved the Punnet Squares. Alas, nothing is that simple. Real genetics turns my brain right off. I mean RIGHT off. Bottle genetics, I say. You’ll get a sleep elixir 100% effective for huge swaths of the population. For the few it doesn’t send fleeing into somnolence, it induces acute obsession and manic calculating disease. I admire those folks. I will, alas never be one because of irresistible somnolence.
Y'know, there's probably a Punnett Square for that, too ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom