What breed are my Tiny chickens

mcChicken39

Chirping
Oct 23, 2020
australia
I brought these as chicks from a chook sale and now they are pullets.
They will not grow any bigger then this which from their head to their toes they are about 15cm tall and they have feathers coming out of their feet as well.
Please I need help what are they called.

Attachments

• C00AFA5D-1906-4E97-B435-0A45693B7378.jpeg
    C00AFA5D-1906-4E97-B435-0A45693B7378.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 50
  • 7D2279A9-0269-40BE-967C-54B6CA30AC7E.jpeg
    7D2279A9-0269-40BE-967C-54B6CA30AC7E.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 42
D'Uccle is a breed of bantam that can come in many colors.

Millie Fleur d'Uccle is one variety (color) of d'Uccle bantam.

It took me quite a while to get straight what part is the color name and what part is the breed name, given that I speak English and none of it is in English!

If I remember rightly, millie fleur is French for "thousand flowers," and d'Uccle means it comes from a place called Uccle.

D'Uccle is a breed of bantam that can come in many colors.

Millie Fleur d'Uccle is one variety (color) of d'Uccle bantam.

It took me quite a while to get straight what part is the color name and what part is the breed name, given that I speak English and none of it is in English!

If I remember rightly, millie fleur is French for "thousand flowers," and d'Uccle means it comes from a place called Uccle.

Well I learned something new today! Thank you!

Pictures really help. But working from what you said:

A chicken that looks black is usually called "Black." So there exist Black d'Uccles, Black Jersey Giants, Black Leghorns, Black Sumatras, Black Cochins, and so forth. They are all black, but belong to different breeds.

A chicken that is black with white speckles all over I'd really have to see a photo to know what color pattern it is. Mottled chickens look black with white speckles, but so do some Cuckoo chickens and some Barred chickens and some Silver Laced chickens and probably a few other varieties I'm forgetting right now. Each of those colors can be found in several different breeds, too.

Black with orangey brown neck feathers sounds like a pretty chicken, but I'm not sure how to refer to that color, at least not unless I see a picture of it. That color is relatively rare among purebred chickens, and when it does appear it seems to have a different name depending on what breed the chicken is.

I will get some more photos I’d love for you to see them and tell me what you think! 😊

However mine are coloured as well!

In those pictures, the one with white dots is Mottled. Actually Black Mottled, because Blue Mottled and Lavender Mottled also exist.

The one with gold neck feathers I think is Gold Birchen. (Birchen males & females look different from each other--that's the female version of Birchen.)

The black ones would be called Black.

https://bootedbantamsgroup.webs.com/booted-bantam
I found a list of color names here. Very helpful for figuring out what to call them ;)

Back
Top Bottom