What breed are these chicks? (PICS)

chadr7850

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
I think number 2 is a dark brahma. I think number one is golden comet or RIR. I would love any help thanks! I was more shur on number 2 than 1.

I don't think that is a dark brahma, I have a 2 day old dark brahma chick, you can see in my picture, she is the chick on the left. She has feathered feet and she is much darker, she also has some yellow around her beak

Sorry number 1 I think is a dark brahma he has fethered feet to nether are bantys yes I am thinking number 2 is rir or production or welsumer. I got 3 for shur golden comets yesterday along with 2 more goslings. To much poultry!!! So 2 goslings no idea how to raise them. And 14 chicks plus the 12 adult chickens. Over run. Oh yah 2 goats too...

#1 might be a silver laced or pencilled cochin...since dark brahmas are also pencilled, it may come down to the type of comb - pea (brahma) or straight (cochin). EIther way, they are all pretty, large -sized and rather docile.

I agree, #2 looks like a production red - which is very similar to a golden comet.

Back
Top Bottom