What breed are these chicks?

The first one could also be Speckled Sussex or Welsummer. They both have similar markings. One way to know is to just go to the Meyer website and check out what they offer.

I don't really think that's a Blue Orpington, though they vary. Should have slate legs, not white. Have raised a lot of them and they mostly look like this:

Last edited:
Hi my son was given 5 chickens (surprised me!) can you tell us what breed they are? please help us?!

thank you . i was wondering about the white one in the single picture, it has grey legs. can you tell me anything about that?

thank you . i was wondering about the white one in the single picture, it has grey legs. can you tell me anything about that?

The barred males with lots of white on the chests are just mixed breeds, with a barred parent in the mix, and the parent could also have been a mixed breed itself. You probably should make your own thread so others can find it better. I see one that could be a Delaware or Dellie cross, white with barred hackle feathers but the others could also just be mixed.

Thank you all ! A newbie so not sure how to go about it but I think I understand. I'm supposed to create a thread ! Lol ; )

Actually the ones in the second picture, the all white and white with bit of black, both have feathered yellow legs. The one by itself on the ramp is also white with bit of black but has featherless grey legs.

Back
Top Bottom