What breed are these chicks?

I never knew so many breeds of chickens existed! And so many different color eggs, I think it's pretty amazing!

You're welcome. I wasn't much help, I'm afraid. Sometimes a mixed breed can be hard to pin down what is in the mix. And a mixed breed, depending on what is in there, can appear to be a particular breed that it is not. Confusing, huh? It helps to know exactly where the bird came from originally, but if there are a couple of crosses in there, they may all be crosses. Hard to say for sure.

Can you tell if the white ones are girls. The black ones have been ID as boys. Also supposedly they where born around middle of may so that makes them about 9 maybe 10 weeks old. Does they look that age to you?

Can you tell if the white ones are girls. The black ones have been ID as boys. Also supposedly they where born around middle of may so that makes them about 9 maybe 10 weeks old. Does they look that age to you?

That sounds about right. The ones in the second picture look to be pullets, but it's hard to tell from the picture. The third white one is too blurry for me to guess.
1f642.png

Back
Top Bottom