What breed are these ladies?

Oh, my bad! I wasn't trying to imply that none of their CMs were to standard, just that they produce those that aren't as well. When did you get your girls? The suspicious chickens seem to be a recent development.
Got mine last year. I think either March, or April.

This is what my Cuckoo Marans lay.
20210214_134337.jpg
My Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock lays these. My Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks are from Meyer's Hatchery.
20210212_154354.jpg
I don't think I have pictures of my French Black Copper Marans eggs yet though.

Last edited:
Got a reply. Apparently they produce Barred Rocks from two different lines, one that looks like you'd expect and one that looks like the questionable birds. Also potentially of interest, you are apparently more likely to get the funky line if you order on TSC's websites on Mondays or get BRs during their chick days, for those that might want some or want to avoid them.

I replied asking for more info, seeing if I can suss out the reason they look that way.

Got a reply. Apparently they produce Barred Rocks from two different lines, one that looks like you'd expect and one that looks like the questionable birds. Also potentially of interest, you are apparently more likely to get the funky line if you order on TSC's websites on Mondays or get BRs during their chick days, for those that might want some or want to avoid them.

I replied asking for more info, seeing if I can suss out the reason they look that way.
Interesting!!

Coming back to this thread, I am actually thinking these birds may be Kosher Kings. This one in particular looks very meaty. I don't believe OP ever did tell us where they got them.

1614378743971.png

Back
Top Bottom