What Breed are these little ladies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkiesnFrizzle, Oct 25, 2012.

1. SilkiesnFrizzle

SilkiesnFrizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    I have been working a little with a breeder and I also get some of my chicks from her. I am fairly new, and I was told the first one is a sex link, the second is a silkie but what else is she mixed with? (I have a black and a white silkie),the 3rd one is ???, and the black and white one I was told was a Barred Rock.
    I was chatting with one of the guys at my local feed store and was asking about the chick I was never told what she was, he saw that other and said I had a RIR for the top chick, and he said the little black and white was a sexlink, one of the other customers got in on the guessing game and he wasn't sure. So what do I have?I know the one is a silkie, just wondering what she is mixed with.....​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PeuAPeu

PeuAPeu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Alabama
    They are adorable! [​IMG]

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the silkie isnt mixed its just a partridge colored one
    what color are the barred ones legs? I think its also a boy

4. SilkiesnFrizzle

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    The barred ones legs are a light yellow, and I thought it may be a boy as well. The top 2 pics I was told was the sexlink, and the other one is the one mixed inbetween the pictures, I didn't realize they weren't in order.

5. SilkiesnFrizzle

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I just took these...the barred legs do have a darker color coming down it's legs, the 3 picks of the brown/golden chick is the one I don't know is at all, the beak is a light brownish color, and then the 2 pics are of the one that was a sexlink, also debated as a RIR....

6. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the top could be a red sexlink and the other might be a rir you'll have to let them grow a bit to see for sure

7. ramirezframing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the barred ones legs look pink? if so he might be a cuckoo marans

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by