What breed are these?

kdeckard

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2023
I bought 6 Rudd Rangers and 2 Dominiques from rural king about a month ago. The Dominiques were marked as Polish but the employee said they had been marked with a question mark but someone flipped the sign and he believed they were actually Dominiques and mislabeled. They didn’t have tufts on their head when purchased and have the cuckoo pattern. I’ve had Dominiques before but never raised them from chicks. Why do they have toupées now? 😂 they’re also growing at the same rate as the Rudd Rangers which Id expect Polish would be a bit smaller. Could they be a mix?

Attachments

• IMG_4334.jpeg
    IMG_4334.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 58
The barred ones are probably olive eggers, as stated above. Dominques don't have those little crests, and they should have rose combs, not single combs. I'm sure the red ones are what they were sold as.
Yeah.. I'm not real familiar with all of these hybrids. We've raised chickens for years but never hybrids. I did a little research on olive eggers and I understand the "based off a cream legbar" part of that now. That's super interesting! Kinda wish I had bought more than two now lol

Yeah.. I'm not real familiar with all of these hybrids. We've raised chickens for years but never hybrids. I did a little research on olive eggers and I understand the "based off a cream legbar" part of that now. That's super interesting! Kinda wish I had bought more than two now lol
Hopefully yours will lay those nice dark olive eggs. Everyone I know who has had olive eggers liked them.

Back
Top Bottom