What breed are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CopperBlackMaran, Apr 22, 2009.

1. CopperBlackMaran

CopperBlackMaran Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    Hey...
    We got our chickens at our market (in France) and they don't tell you the breeds, they just have black chickens, brown chickens, guinea fowl and turkey, etc... I had a look on wikipedia and google and the like and thought they looked most like copper black marans or black copper marans (never sure ;]), but a friend had black rocks and they are similar as well...so not sure now, but if anyone has any ideas what they might be, (see pics) that'd be great!
    Also, if need more pics to tell, say cos I have tons!
    Hope the pictures work, I forgot how to do it...;]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    Nice looking chickens are they suppose to be full stock? They look like they have black giant or black austrolorp in them. I really don't know. But they are pretty!!

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    They are gorgeous!! I am sure no chicken expert at all but wonder if they could be black sex links? Healthy and beautiful for sure!

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Very pretty Black Star girls (also known as Black Sex Links). You should get lots of eggs from them!

5. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    Agreed..Black Star production hybrids.

6. CopperBlackMaran

CopperBlackMaran Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2008
    Okay, thankyou everyone, that's great! I shall have to change my name now...xD Yeah we get eggs everyday, we've had them for about a year and I think there was only one day when we didn't get any but most days we get four! I'll put a photo of Barbara (;]) on from when she was broody, she looks kinda scary but I was quite pleased with the colours...bootiful girlies...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by