What breed do I have?

Kalieo

In the Brooder
May 28, 2021
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what type of pullet this is? I got her from rural king and I can’t remember what the bin said 🤦‍♀️
C2810DB0-B3BA-4048-BD0B-649968FEAAFC.jpeg
BAB44D4C-B83B-41C9-8948-AC3DA727F7DF.jpeg
4432C7D8-AF13-4FE1-AC61-3BE1E95D6505.jpeg
E2E2886F-09EC-4065-BB99-901FEA32BE11.jpeg

She doesn’t look anything like my other Easter eggers is why I asked. The others around her are 12 week Easter eggers and she is 10 weeks. No puffy cheeks?
The place you got your chicks gets their chicks from Hoover's which carry EEs that are of Crested Cream Legbar X Easter Egger cross which the hatchery dubbed as New Easter Eggers.

They can be both Bearded, & Beardless.

She doesn’t look anything like my other Easter eggers is why I asked. The others around her are 12 week Easter eggers and she is 10 weeks. No puffy cheeks?
Easter Egger just means she is supposed to lay blue or green eggs, and does not belong to any specific breed.

Some Easter Eggers look sort-of like Ameraucanas (pea comb, puffy cheeks.)

Some Easter Eggers look sort-of like Cream Legbars (single comb, small crest on the head.) You pullet looks like that kind of Easter Egger.

Some Easter Eggers look like both of those types, or neither of those types, or something else entirely. It all depends on what breeds were used to develop them.

Thanks guys! I could of swore I got her out of a bin with some other weird name on it like buckeye or something or other lol. All my other Easter eggers look nothing like her so I was confused!

Thanks guys! I could of swore I got her out of a bin with some other weird name on it like buckeye or something or other lol. All my other Easter eggers look nothing like her so I was confused!
Some hatcheries sell many kinds of Easter Eggers, with different names and appearances.
The bin might have been labeled with the name used by the hatchery for this type of Easter Egger.

Or she might have jumped into the wrong bin :D

Back
Top Bottom