What breed do these black chickens look like?

motherhenning

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016
So I got these guys from TSC in April, and I had called the hatchery they came from (Townline) to ask what breed they could be, but they weren't able to help me much. Now that they're older, can anyone tell?

Here's what they looked like as chicks, with a bit of white on their tummies:

Hi
I think the only "black" chickens that hatchery supplies are Black Australorps and Black Jersey Giants. So I think we can narrow it down to those two ....I don't have experience with either so I cannot offer more help than that.

But I know someone with more experience with these breeds will be able to better solve this mystery. Good Luck!

Dom

Thank you both! :) They definitely do seem like Jersey Giants! They were slower growing than the other chicks, so that would make sense.

welcome-byc.gif
I have never had jersey giants but they look like black australorps to me, here is my black australorp:

The black chick is the black australorp.
This is her now:

I don't know about your TSC store but my tractor supply doesn't sell jersey giants. They do sell black australorps though. That's what I'm thinking yours are.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
I have never had jersey giants but they look like black australorps to me, here is my black australorp:

The black chick is the black australorp.
This is her now:

I don't know about your TSC store but my tractor supply doesn't sell jersey giants. They do sell black australorps though. That's what I'm thinking yours are.
smile.png

I have gotten Dorking from there
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom