what breed do you own??

lol.png
I wonder if I can call around and have worms flown in for my girls...mine do that same thing only we have to settle for bits of bread as a treat;( (they never outgrow that bragging and runnin for the prize...)

Quote:
Is there a pet store near you? Maybe they have meal worms or something. I know our local PetSmart have them.

hahah wow everyone has lots and lots of birds. we dont have much compared to you chicken lovers, but they sure are quite a handful.

right now my ladies are looking at me through the sliding-glass door begging for their favorite treat--blueberries.
smile.png

they love those blueberries. paris tackles the other ones for it. we give them a few every other day and i wouldnt be suprised if there feathers turned blue!!!

lau.gif

GORGEOUS BIRDS BY THE WAY!!!

We currently have:

11 Silver-Laced Wyandottes (9 hens, 2 roos)
4 Buff Orpingtons (1 roo, 3 two-week old pullets)
2 Americanas (Easter Eggers) (1 hen, 1 roo)
1 Rhode Island Red hen
3 Barred Rock hens (my favorites by FAR)
4 Mutt hens (unknown breeds, most likely mixes)
33 6 week old pullets of unknown breed

My husband is letting me get MORE chickens!! TSC has chick days starting on April 13, so more to come!!

Em

oh boy lets see
RIR
BO
bantam cochins
mutts
brahmas
barred rocks
red sex links
OEGB
and prolly some more that I forgot to mention

Well they are still eggs
there are the bantams:silkies,frizzles,polish and cochins .The ameraucanas will be hatched starting on the 25th(our 7th wedding anni.)
standard size: buff laced polish and golden laced cochins
i would love to have a phoenix rooster, huge turkeys, a duck assortment , geese, guineas.....maybe a emu or two

Standards (the old girls):
1 light brown leghorn
2 silver laced wyandottes
1 RIR

Bantams:
buff brahma pair
5 quail d'anvers (1 roo and 4 hens)
1 buff cochin roo
2 black silkie pullets
6 mixed breed

and 18 4 week old MM chicks
6 buff laced polish
3 sultans
3 quail d'anvers
3 millies
3 porlelain

I have:
8 Barred rocks
6 Rhode Island Reds
2 Blue Andalusions
1 Pearl white leghorn
1 Light brown leghorn
1 Buff minorca
1 Silver Spangled Hamburg
2 Black stars
2 EE's
1 Buff Orpington
1 SSH X RIR
1 EE X BR

27 chickens + 17 eggs in the bator on day 17

Thinking about getting a few bantams.

well i dont have alot left after the fox attacks last year but

1 roo barred rock they re my favorite
1 rhode island red
2 astralorps i dont realy like them they are kinda creepy
1 white lghorn or however you spell it
and 3 ducks cant remember the name but it starts with a d everyone has told me it but i can never remember

Four white Silkies - very calm, sweet birds. They go broody all the time and try to hatch things like golf balls. We get quite a few little eggs from them, too.

Six Guinea Fowl - they live in our trees and keep us entertained. They endear themselves to me by going wild for Japanese beetles. Occasional eggs.

Ten Black Copper Marans. Really cool eggs.

Three mutts. A neighbor asked me to hatch them in my incubator, and now never seems ready to take them.

Back
Top Bottom