What breed & gender?

jus10inla

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
Louisiana
So i was gifted 6 ducks. I know nothing about them other than there nasty & messy 😂😂 i have them set up with nesting boxes . So they wil be taken care of with my 30 chickens.. anyway heres pix. I know 3 drakes & 3 hens. Also, what can i expect about egg laying? There about a year old

They look like they may not have had water to bath in. They can live without it but their feathers will look better. Just a horse feed dish or small baby pool will be fine. I received a duck who wasn’t used to swimming water last year. It took her a couple of months but now she won’t get out. It will make them happy.
i do know that for a fact. The lady who gave them up said she never had a pool for them . Once they learn home, they will free range and have access to a 1/2 acre pond in the afternoons and kidie pool during the day in there yard.

Im almost positive this ones male

Attachments

• C0008507-FD14-4EA2-A5B7-867B489A72F3.jpeg
    C0008507-FD14-4EA2-A5B7-867B489A72F3.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 10
Hello and welcome to BackYard Chickens! :jumpy Glad you joined our community. Everyone here is very kind and helpful :)

1 Is a crested Rouen mix and looks to be male based off the plumage, but I don't see a curly tail..

2 Is a female indian runner.

3 Is a female Cayuga

4 Is a female Pekin

5 and 6 look to be black Swedish mixes

All very cute! To be sure of the genders, the females will quack loudly, and the drakes makes a rashoy frog like noise. And drakes often have dark green heads, but that depends on the breed. They also have curly tails.

Back
Top Bottom