What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fancyfeathers38, Jan 18, 2012.

1. plecostrum

plecostrum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    ENGLAND UK
    Comb would be v. And extra toe for sultans
    and more Pom Pom head
    they a lot more upright as a breed sultans.

I have a egg in out my friends yard. It was under a pen it's fertile so that will be fun lol hope it hatches.

The pen was sultan I'm hoping the rats dragged it out and left it lol

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I don't think Sultans lay green-blue eggs.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    sultans look like polish but freathered legs and 5 toes. And Normal feathers

4. fancyfeathers38

fancyfeathers38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    I got Anna from a breeder that helps me out alot with my chickens. I'm in Australia by the way.
    Yes, Anna is completely white and her feet are completely white as well, no yellow pads.
    She is a very friendly little hen and has a very dominant character towards the other hens.
    Here's some more pics of her.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And some when she was younger
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    If I bred from her will the chicks have Silkie feathers?
    Thanks for all your help everyone. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Australia!! Wow. That just throws another piece of fuel on the fire of the argument that this is a spontaneous mutation.

I HIGHLY encourage you to find a purebred Ameraucana male (God knows whether they are called that where you are!?) and breed her. You'll want to breed all the male offspring back to her and female offspring to the brothers. The NEXT generation will have those silkied feathers, but the first generation will not. It's a gene that has to be pure, and the first generation from her will only be split.

They may be called Easter Eggers or Araucana in your region. I'm not sure.

6. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

7. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    wow. she looks awesome. I'd love to get my hands on some of the silkie ones

8. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Wow that link from Buffy does look just like your girl. Hedemora's? for $99 bucks a chick? You could make some $$ if you breed her for sure :D

9. six_eclectic_chickens

six_eclectic_chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Some one said she might be an auraucana, she is not: araucanas have no tail feathers if purebred. A better guess would be some sort of cross involving either an easter egger or an ameraucana and another breed. The EE or ameraucana would give the greenish blue egg trait and if the other breed was a breed that lays brown eggs, particularly a maran would give the eggs a green color, if it was a maran the eggs will be an olive color. The feathers could be a muttation or could be passed down from one of the parents. Beautiful looking bird though.

10. six_eclectic_chickens

six_eclectic_chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    I just read the website on hedemoras. She looks like one though how you could have got one in australia is beyond me seeing as it says they like cold climates. I am in Canada and we all think you guys have warm weather all year (20s-30s celcius). Hedemoras aren't supposed to do well in heat so if she turns out to be one be careful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by