What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs.

fancyfeathers38

Songster
8 Years
Nov 15, 2011
Australia.
We've had Anna since she was a chick and was sold to us as an Americauna (sorry if that's not spelled right), but as she grew it was apparent she wasn't a purebred due to the Silkie like feathers that she has. She Lays Green eggs.
LL

Any ideas to what she is?
idunno.gif

Hmmm, not a clue on what kind she is, but....

On green eggs!! I have two Americaunas, both lay brown eggs!!

I am GREEN with Envy

if she has americana blood in her that would make her an ee. she could just be a silkied amereicana but that feathering is really a project so i doubt it. theres really no telling what she is besides an ee, theres silkie some weres in her background as well

She looks exactly that the ones they're working on in the thread Kathy linked! Beautiful! There is some question whether there are silkie genes in the back ground or what, but that really doesn't matter to me, they're beautiful.

After significant research there's no evidence they have Silkie blood and there are silkied feathers spontaneously in other breeds, such as Cochins and Ayam Cemani. I have several and there aren't any signs AT ALL of them being of Silkie blood, such as hypermelanotic coloring, sprigs, bearding, cresting, etc.

Fancy Feathers, where did you get yours? Is she white? Does she have yellow pads on her feet or white? She's lovely!

Back
Top Bottom