What breed is Baxter?

loralei

Songster
10 Years
Jun 4, 2009
New Caney, Texas
Baxter is the roo from a flock my hubby and I rescued back in December. He has turned out to be an amazing roo! He is a gentleman with the ladies, always lets them have treats first, herds any strays back to the flock when free ranging, breaks up fights, alerts them of danger and only crows when absolutely necessary! But most importantly he does not attack children or the kind folks that rescued him! lol!

When he came to us his feathers were dull and he appeared to be all one color but since he has been on good quality feed and healthy treats his feathers are now shiny and his colors are coming out. We love him whatever he is because he is such a good roo but would like to know what breed he is so we can recommend his breed to others.

Thank you!
Laura

33415_011.jpg

33415_012.jpg

With this pink legs I will say -Mix of Rhode Island Red and Buff Orpington(or Sussex)

Last edited:
Hampshires also have yellow/orange legs. Not a Hampshire, prolly a cross breed with something else.

OMG, Daidohead! Thank you for posting the picture of Drew! Now I know what I have to look forward to! Drew is a handsome boy and I'm sure once Baxter regrows his tail feathers and the nasty ol' frostbite on the points of his comb heals he will be quite handsome too!

Thank you to all!

God bless,
Laura

Back
Top Bottom