What breed is my Betty Boop?

lunaticfishboy

Songster
Mar 31, 2022
I’ve had Betty Boop for awhile, she is 2 months and a week old. She’s still small, and I don’t know what breed she is.
Here are some pics.
03755C70-8CF1-49A2-8AE9-5AE2B8DAEF73.jpeg

0CC5B6E1-99EF-47F5-A836-626B7B099B8E.jpeg
8F031FB5-FB26-4C0F-91B4-0CB734CB6474.jpeg

She is a sweetie pie and enjoys physical attention unlike the others. Do you guys have any idea what she could be?

I am totally not the best with chicken breed identification.... She kind of resembles an Australorp or Jersey Giant maybe? Orpington perhaps? He's definitely not a Maran or a Cochin since they have leg feathers. My best guess would be a Black Australorp. Did you guys get her from TSC? They get their stock from Hoover's Hatchery and it's usually the same kinds they have every year and sometimes they list it on their ( Tractor Supply's ) website. :)

Last edited:
I am totally not the best with chicken breed identification.... She kind of resembles an Australorp or Jersey Giant maybe? Orpington perhaps? He's definitely not a Maran or a Cochin since they have leg feathers. Did you guys get her from TSC? They get their stock from Hoover's Hatchery and it's usually the same kinds they have every year and sometimes they list it on their ( Tractor Supply's ) website.
I did not get them from TSC, I got them from a CL chick seller I buy from often, she was mistaken for a barred rock and grew up to look different. I was also guessing jersey giant or australorp

Can you get a good frontal photo of her comb so that we can see what type it is?

Was she backyard bred or originally from a hatchery?
C2B73CE8-8EAD-4157-8C20-6636B27F241B.jpeg
5070BF79-5015-4B8A-9986-70E20FA43505.jpeg
C28131DF-2E4E-4D2A-BFC1-54E298A421FA.jpeg

Here’s some pics of Betty’s face and one of her feets. She is 3 months old and is tall as 2 rolls of toilet paper. She is so sweet but I don’t know what she is!

And as for the other question, Im pretty sure she’s backyard bred since I get most of my chickens from the same person most of the time when I’m looking for new chicks.

She appears to have a pea comb, which rules out Australorps and Jersey Giants. My thought would also be an Easter Egger. Can you ask the seller you got her from if she has Easter Eggers or other breeds with pea combs? Otherwise, yes you will need to wait and see what color egg she lays. She's really pretty.🙂

Back
Top Bottom