What breed is my big boy Chubbs?

MastermindRitsu

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2019
hell
So I have this rooster that I can't seem to find the breed of. I bought Chubbs at Tractor Supply back in February and I believe he is a Barred Plymouth Rock rooster, but he looks absolutely nothing like a Barred Rock because his feathers are white as opposed to black.

However he definitely looks like one; Chubbs has the brown stripes in his feathers, and his tail feathers look the same as my Barred Rock hens.

image0.jpg

image0 (1).jpg

Here's little Chubbs as a chick, if that helps identification.

I swear I can remember Chubbs being in the tub with the Barred Rock chicks, and the cashier who picked them out pointed out how different Chubbs was compared to the rest so I took the little guy home.

Is he an albino Barred Rock, or a different breed altogether that my two brain cells couldn't figure out?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 6
looks almost like a Delaware or maybe a Jersey Giant or a cornish x lol got in there with barred rock pen some how, White the barred rock roosters tend to be white dominant on their barring as opposed to the hens there is no way he's a pure bred barred rock even f he got bad genes passed on

Last edited:
OMG, I can’t help you much on the breed (though I agree he’s probably a mix of Barred Rock and something else), but I just gotta say Chubbs is adorbs! I have a weakness for roos <3. If they didn’t fight with each other, I’d have dozens of them :).
only way you could do that is a bachelor pad away from the hens lol

I've actually got 5. They actually get along extremely well and none of them have attacked each other. When they go to mate with the females they all come running and try to push each other off to mate first, but no one can push Chubbs off because he is an absolute unit. Surprisingly he is not the alpha male.

I've actually got 5. They actually get along extremely well and none of them have attacked each other. When they go to mate with the females they all come running and try to push each other off to mate first, but no one can push Chubbs off because he is an absolute unit. Surprisingly he is not the alpha male.

Lucky! (That your boys don’t fight). If I could let mine free range 24/7 the way they did when I was a kid, I could probably get away with having multiple roos. Mine always seem to turn on one another eventually. In the older part of town where I live, there is an entire flock of just roosters living along the creek. They wander through town (it’s the older village section) and are famous so people will leave food for them and like to see them there. I believe they all got there when locals wound up with roosters they couldn’t keep, so they took them to the park and let them loose. And they all get along :).

Back
Top Bottom