What breed is my chic?

Helenahenbasket

Chirping
Dec 16, 2018
Stockton, New Jersey
Hello fellow crazy chicken ladies and gentlemen,

This chic is going on 3 months old now. Her name is Hennessy :)~ She really looks like a Deleware hen to me but from what I understand about chix genetics she can’t be.....?

Her parents are both sexlinks
and as far as I know there’s no Deleware in them at all. Im assuming she not a Deleware and just happens to look like one...?

Any info to satisfy my curiosity is appreciated.

Also, she is a she right? I’m 99.9% sure.

Thank you.

Her and her parents in the pics.

Attachments

• 9B216A74-CB84-4F7E-A6DB-610BC0714EF1.png
    9B216A74-CB84-4F7E-A6DB-610BC0714EF1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • F9EF2CF9-FAB0-4BE2-952F-6A1151ED37DC.jpeg
    F9EF2CF9-FAB0-4BE2-952F-6A1151ED37DC.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 73BE01A8-AFE4-4FFC-931C-450EFAA97F7B.png
    73BE01A8-AFE4-4FFC-931C-450EFAA97F7B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Unfortunately at 3 months (12 weeks) there is quite a bit of redness in that comb and wattle development and I suspect it may be a cockerel.

I'm also not sure that both parents are sex links. The male looks like a mixed breed but not the common markings of a regular black sex link (looks more like an Asian black) and the female looks like a Buff Orpington although clearer, close up individual photos would clarify it.

Unfortunately at 3 months (12 weeks) there is quite a bit of redness in that comb and wattle development and I suspect it may be a cockerel.

I'm also not sure that both parents are sex links. The male looks like a mixed breed but not the common markings of a regular black sex link (looks more like an Asian black) and the female looks like a Buff Orpington although clearer, close up individual photos would clarify it.
X2 :goodpost:

x3

Well, if it’s a Cockerel then I’ll just have to get more hens ;)

Back
Top Bottom