What breed is my chicken?

That is really surprising.... I was expecting it to be another TSC error.
Did you order straight run or sexed pullets? Are all 20 the same? Maybe it is just a very poor quality Rock. It is certainly a little chunkier than your average sex link cockerel but it shouldn't have that colour bleed if it is a Plymouth rock and I'm pretty confident that it is a cockerel, so if you ordered sexed pullets, that's another error.
Do they all have that colour bleed or are some pure white?

Did you order straight run or sexed pullets? Are all 20 the same? Maybe it is just a very poor quality Rock. It is certainly a little chunkier than your average sex link cockerel but it shouldn't have that colour bleed if it is a Plymouth rock and I'm pretty confident that it is a cockerel, so if you ordered sexed pullets, that's another error.
I ordered 18 pullets, 2 cockerels. My thinking was I could make my own meat birds for upcoming years. I was going to pick out the best cockerel and 10 best pullets, as my meat bird breeding stock. As chicks they were just yellow chicks so I didn't think anything. As their feathers started growing in I noticed an odd yellow/brown tint around their neck and this is how they look now. To make matters worse there's much more than 2 cockerels. It kind of messes up my plan though because I've raised all these chickens from birth with the intention of them laying eggs in the spring to hatch out that seasons meat birds. Would you still try it, or no?

They all have this same look. Tan on the neck feathers, and random dark brown splotches on the rest of the body.

wow what hatchery? It almost looks like a red shouldered yokohama kinda mix. But but if it is a cockerel then. It does look like a red sex link.

Back
Top Bottom