What breed is my chicken?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chicklover1322, Sep 7, 2014.

1. chicklover1322

chicklover1322 New Egg

Sep 7, 2014
    [​IMG]I have had this chicken for about 3months so it's about 9 months or so old. She (I think) is the sweetest chicken I've ever had! I want to show her in 4-H but I need to know her breed first.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG]

First I think a photo of the chicken in question would be helpful [​IMG]

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Definitely post a pic in our What Breed and Gender section. Mountain Peeps has left you with the link.

Good luck in the show circuit and welcome to our flock!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

If you post a photo of your bird, I would be glad to help you identify her. [​IMG]

6. chicklover1322

chicklover1322 New Egg

Sep 7, 2014
    It won't allow me to post a picture. She is mostly white. Small in size. She has a black speckled head. And a black tipped tail. She has certain spots that are a light brown on her wings back and near her tail. She is also very mellow. I got her from a friend.

7. chicklover1322

chicklover1322 New Egg

Sep 7, 2014
    It won't allow me to post a picture. She is mostly white. Small in size. She has a black speckled head. And a black tipped tail. She has certain spots that are a light brown on her wings back and near her tail. She is also very mellow. I got her from a friend.

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Yes I had problems posting photos at first so just to find out the problem do you have pictures of her in your computer ... next at the top of the page you can find some little box's one box has a smiley face and to the left is a squire and it might look like hils with a dot in the upper left hand corner that box will help you put the pictures in your photo album and yes they need to be in the BYC photo album for you to use them ......

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I hope you can get your picture uploaded. Trying to ID a bird without a picture is like shooting in the dark. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your pic up.

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Are her feet feathered or bare?
    What color are her legs?
    Is she laying and, if so, what color eggs?
    What type of comb does she have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by