What breed is my duck?

Thank you for the info! I feel like peeps a girl then cause they're sooo talkative and pretty loud. It sounds like quacks to me, buuut the waaack is also kind of fitting. It’s like a mix. Guess we’ll find out within the next few months if peeps officially a girl or boy, cause I’ll either have a egg or I won’t!
I don't think the breeds matter on the quack... might be a slight difference but that'd be all. My male pekins make a raspy quack can't really explain it. My female mallard makes a "wah wah wah" Like she's laughing, she squeaks to sometimes but I think that just has something to do with her. My ducks make a lot of weird sounds sometimes :lau. Once your ducks start maturing, drakes will develop and curly "drake feather" at the tail and the females will have straight feathers.
Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.42.30 AM.png
Drake <---

So so cute and way too funny. How are you so sure she’s a girl? I have no confidence in my gender determining ability
You can tell by the qauck is one way. The qauck will be very loud and it sounds like a car horn to me. If it is a drake (boy) then will sound very raspy like when you have a cold but he won't it is just the qauck for a drake. Another way to sex is to do a vent sex. But vent sexing is not something I recommend unless you know what your doing because you could damage the parts and it can be painful for the duckling. If you was to do a vent sex when you peel back or open the vent if a little white thing pops out then it is a boy, if there is nothing coming out just a open hole then it is a girl.

I don't think the breeds matter on the quack... might be a slight difference but that'd be all. My male pekins make a raspy quack can't really explain it. My female mallard makes a "wah wah wah" Like she's laughing, she squeaks to sometimes but I think that just has something to do with her. My ducks make a lot of weird sounds sometimes :lau. Once your ducks start maturing, drakes will develop and curly "drake feather" at the tail and the females will have straight feathers. View attachment 1961601Drake <---
I’d say it’s more of rusty “waaahk” and it never gets real loud. Unless we leave. Like we can hear him from outside when we go over to grandmas, so idk what to think really, but from the video that was shared on this thread, i lean a little more toward drake. Anyway, peep is definitely 4 months and 1 day at the very least because that’s how long I’ve had them, so what age will the feather distinction come in play if it already hasn’t?

You can tell by the qauck is one way. The qauck will be very loud and it sounds like a car horn to me. If it is a drake (boy) then will sound very raspy like when you have a cold but he won't it is just the qauck for a drake. Another way to sex is to do a vent sex. But vent sexing is not something I recommend unless you know what your doing because you could damage the parts and it can be painful for the duckling. If you was to do a vent sex when you peel back or open the vent if a little white thing pops out then it is a boy, if there is nothing coming out just a open hole then it is a girl.
When peep was a baby, he/she made little tweety peeps ALL the time. They’re still super vocal, but not super loud or car hornish. Are males usually as talkative as the females? And I think it might be a little late for vent sexing unless you can do it after they’re full grown as well. Either way I wouldn’t know what I was doing so I wouldn’t be trying it, but thank you for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom