What Breed is my hen?

yeah he is bigger than our bantams all of ours are pretty small they are all younge except him and the grey hen i posted a pic but he is in the background of my avitar pic so you can see him from distance he might be mixed for all I know but he has black skin and he is mottled

He has some gold leaking through. He looks about right for size in the picture. I can't really tell for sure though. Reminds me of a little calico coloured silkie I am raising right now.
_MG_5037.jpg

I don't know how do you weigh a chicken and his crest feathers are slowly coming back he has been getting these feathers stiscking out with the hard part around them but coming off so i guess new feathers he was in bad shape when we got him he gave all our other chickens lice and when we treated them (dunked them in 5 gallon bucket with mix) he looked awful you could really see all the broken feathers he had none under his wings at all he also might of just been really infested but we check them every day now so far the little bugs have not come back probably due to brand new chicken coop and we just got started

I don't know how do you weigh a chicken and his crest feathers are slowly coming back he has been getting these feathers stiscking out with the hard part around them but coming off so i guess new feathers he was in bad shape when we got him he gave all our other chickens lice and when we treated them (dunked them in 5 gallon bucket with mix) he looked awful you could really see all the broken feathers he had none under his wings at all he also might of just been really infested but we check them every day now so far the little bugs have not come back probably due to brand new chicken coop and we just got started
Lice are very common. Especially this time of year it seems.

Easy to get rid of with sevin dust.

He could have been bullied or could be going through a molt. The feathers coming in on his crest are called streamers.

Are all those pics yours they are pretty this is my new additions They just hatched yesterday I got them just for Grover lol How long have you been raising them? Me 3 Months but they are amazing animals.

What makes silkies have their silkie feathers do you know how this breed got started?
They were developed in Asia.

Their feathers are the way they are because Silkies are lacking the barbules that hold the individual feather barbs together.

I've been raising silkies for over a year now. Seeing a silkie for the first time was actually what got me into chickens in the first place :)

Back
Top Bottom