What Breed Is My Rooster!?!

crista5200

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2016
I received a rooster from a lady that lives in a city where they are not allowed shortly after he started getting LOUD!!! :) She told me that she was told that he is an orpington but after searching like crazy I'm not seeing any photos of orpingtons online that look like him? Anyone have an idea? Also tractor supply told me that the hens I purchased through their store are red rangers. When they really started growing I had to call and ask if they were sure about that because they don't look it to me.

welcome-byc.gif

Agree the rooster is a mixed breed, may be an Easter egger. Definitely not Orpington.

the hens are Pioneers or Rainbows. Not quite the same as Red Rangers, but not far off.

Black is more dominant. The females would be colored similar to female black sex links---black with red/gold leakage at the chest. males would be black with gold or maybe silver leakage in the hackles, saddle feathers and wings. The'd likely have modified pea combs and the pullets have the possibility of laying green eggs.

I have one similar and not sure of the breed. Mine is about 12 weeks old. Not sure if it's a roo or not. What would your guests be? I do know the lighter one is a silkie

Back
Top Bottom