What breed is she?

smoknz28

Songster
Mar 7, 2012
Central Virginia, USA
I love this fatty girl! I also have a couple brown colored hens in the same breed. We also love the large eggs they produce, but don't know the breed.

Would she be a Cochin Bantam or just Cochin? I'm not good with breeds obviously...

Is she bigger/same size your other chickens or smaller than them. If she is bigger or the same size she is a standard sized Black Cochin. If she is smaller than your other chickens she is a Black Bantam Cochin. Bantam means a smaller version of the normal breed, almost every breed has a bantam version, they are usually a half to a third of the breed's normal weight. In the picture she looks like a beautiful standard sized Black Cochin, but pictures can be deceiving, so I'll let you decide her size.

She is heavier and rounded than all my other breeds of chickens. I also have a brown one of the same size. Safe to assume then that they are Cochins and not Bantam Cochins.

I have to find more of them. I absolutely love this breed. I love to watch them run because they have a funny waddle left and right.
1f600.png
I call them my little fatty patties.

She is heavier and rounded than all my other breeds of chickens. I also have a brown one of the same size. Safe to assume then that they are Cochins and not Bantam Cochins.

I have to find more of them. I absolutely love this breed. I love to watch them run because they have a funny waddle left and right.
1f600.png
I call them my little fatty patties.

Cochins are wonderful birds - they were the first breed I had as pets when I was a kid (way too many years ago) and I still absolutely adore them.

Back
Top Bottom