What breed is theis turkey hen

Chicken Egg 17

Songster
Dec 11, 2015
McVeytown PA
My uncle works at parks garbage company and there was someone's pet turkeys there was a tom and a turkey hen and here the tom was on the garbage truck and they couldn't catch him and now he is about an hour out the road. And they tryed catching him but they couldn't get him so they got the hen that was back at the garbage place and brought her home to my uncle but she has no one there to be with so she was headed down the road so my uncle called us about half and hour ago and we went and got her she was pretty calm. And we just through a blanket over her and she ran out from under the blanket and ran into my hands. We brought her home and my neighbors came over to see her. But we have no idea what breed she is my uncle said she is pregnant even though they lay eggs is what I am confused of what they mean by that. But here is a pick of her and see what u think thanks

royal palm? Turkeys are just like other birds... they lay eggs that are either fertilized or not and then set on a clutch to hatch them. Turkeys are expensive as adults, I would say as a precaution before keeping them to try and find the owner, perhaps they live near the area you found them and they wandered a little too far.

I actually just did a google search for "royal palm turkey images" and it appears she is actually a Narragansett, very nice looking birds they are.

Last edited:
Well they said the tom was on her like crazy so I am hoping she sets she is the calmest thing for just roaming around like that I think though she was someone's pet though

Well I don't think she can fit through the chickens door but I picked her up and put her in the house and she is up on the roost my dog scared them crap out of her

Back
Top Bottom