What Breed is This Bantam Roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sweetshoplady, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Captain Henry Morgan:
    [​IMG]

Captain Morgan and Florence:
    [​IMG]

I don't know what happened to his eye. It's not gotten any better. He came with his eye like that. I've had him a couple weeks now.

2. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Hmmm, haven't a clue but he sure is cute.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

With those toes he prob. has some silkie in him. Very, very cute. Did you put any antibiotics in his eye, such as terrimyacin? You can use neosporin too. [​IMG]

4. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    looks like a Faverolle mix

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

he looks like a tolbunt something or nother....

How did someone get Silkie from his toes???

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    he has 5 toes, so he could a mix with a silkie or houdan or faverolle

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I'll try the neosporin for his eye. I really didn't do anything - had no idea what to do about it. Thanks. I know that there are silkies in the lady's flock. I'll have to do a search for pics of the breeds y'all mentioned.

Those little feathers on the top of his head are getting fuller and it now looks like he has a little hair-do. Alice, the little pullet, next to Florence really looks like a silky, she only has 4 toes though. Her feathers are not silky-ish though, only in style. She does have the blue ear lobes.

I'll have to get another picture of him - they grow so fast. His little comb is already coming in and flopping over.

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are cute

9. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    Awww!!! he is so very very very cute! treasure him! [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I have a bunch of silkie mixes from a,ummmm ,cage break..HaHa His eye shape and expression, the little poof starting on his head and his 5 toes make me lean towards silkie mix. Mine have feathers like a reg. chicken, little poof on head, those soft eyes and anywhere from black to yellow skin. I have some half seama/silkie too aswell as the real silkie seramas. They are all so cute, your's is very cute. [​IMG] Oh, p.s. you can rinse his eye out w/saline too.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by