What breed is this chicken???

What color egg did she lay?  She could a be a legbar, but with the blue earlobe and black feet, I would guess some kind of silkie mix.  If she is a cream legbar, her egg should be a pretty light blue.

Your barred bird could be a dominique, I can't see her comb very well.  If it is a single comb, it is pretty small.  Barred rocks have a signle comb and dominiques have a rose comb.

Thank you Monica,
I will take a picture of her egg and post it here. Its kindda very small that I think she is a young pullet.

What color egg did she lay?  She could a be a legbar, but with the blue earlobe and black feet, I would guess some kind of silkie mix.  If she is a cream legbar, her egg should be a pretty light blue.

Your barred bird could be a dominique, I can't see her comb very well.  If it is a single comb, it is pretty small.  Barred rocks have a signle comb and dominiques have a rose comb.

Here another picture maybe this will help identifying

It's been 3 weeks I got them and barred one did not lay an egg yet
sad.png

Ok, but what color are her legs?
Quote:
Left to right, top to bottom: possibly barred rock or dominique, leghorn, silver laced wyandotte, leghorn.

I'm not positive, I'll need individual photos of each. What color are the ear lobes of the white chickens? And what type of comb does the barred one have?

This is the egg she laid yesterday. ( the one on the left, tiny one )

Ok, but what color are her legs?

Left to right, top to bottom: possibly barred rock or dominique, leghorn, silver laced wyandotte, leghorn.

I'm not positive, I'll need individual photos of each. What color are the ear lobes of the white chickens? And what type of comb does the barred one have?

Barred has a single comb and loght color feet. I now think it's Barred Rock ! LoL I am learning thanks to you guys
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png

If she is going broody, you can break her, give her fertile eggs or give her chicks. First you need to determine if she actually is broody and if she is going to stay broody. Is she laying eggs still? If the answer is yes, then she is not broody. She could however go broody soon. Is she staying on the nest all day long, screaming or even pecking at you and other chickens that come near? Does she only get up about once a day, running around clucking with all her feathers puffed up? Then she is broody. Once she has been on the nest for two days, you know she is broody and going to stay broody. At this point you decide what you are going to do; break her, give eggs or chicks.

So, do you want more chickens? :)

Definitely she is broody :( I took her out maybe 10 times and she returned back to the box. Also she makes sounds loke Guookk Guokkk Guokkk and other chickens peck and chase her around!!! I need to break her ASAP. I will search for quick and easy breaking solution :) if there is one of course. Thanks.

I have them since 3 weeks and this one has never laid an egg yet and also she is acting like she is the mother of the other chickens
smile.png
very funny watching her this way. Do you guys think she is a Barred Rock???
Looks like a Barred Rock, what comb does it have?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom