What breed is this duck?

Shandyhorse

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 5, 2012
New Zealand
Hello guys :) I have a duck called "Ducky", which i found when it was very young wandering around in our backyard [first we saw another duckling [a black and white one], but unfortunately lost it :( but then we found this duckling] , Ive had him for over a month now, he stays in my spare chicken hutch but untill about 2 weeks ago, where i had been putting him in the cat cage at night when he was little because of the cold.
He lives on chicken food, [watered down mash and corn pieces], and worms etc

BUT i am wondering what breed he is, Here are some photos.

When we found him:

and recent pics:

[he now has a paddling pool, not a bath to swim in :p]

yeah, so what breed do you think it is, and sex too.. Used to think he was like a swedish black x pekin but I have no idea! :)

What a gorgeous Muscovy you have there- no idea about sex yet though sorry. I was looking at the size of the feet and length of body, but it can be easier to sex them when you have a few to compare to each other.

Sure looks like one very spoilt- and well cared for duck. !!

Dont muscovys have the red beak thingy? everyone keeps on saying ducky is, but i havent seen any of them around where i live, only swedish blacks, pekins and mallards. I will get some other photos of him tomorrow so you can see the actual size [if you know how big one of those shell shaped paddling pools are :p]

That will come in time. They dont hatch with it- but it grows in as they mature. Id love to see some more photos of Ducky though- those lovely two tone feet are gorgeous.

Well I guess it would explain his friendliness - there was a Muscovy at a zoo I went to once, it did exactly what Ducky does, Wagging his tail, quacking HEAPS and always opening its mouth like its wanting something to eat :)
Will get more pics later :)

Omg what a cute Muscovy you have there!!!! I have a sweet boy named Duckie. He is also a scovy. I am not expert and like ducky said it's still hard to sex. I can't tell yet. Maybe in a few weeks we can get an idea. To me right now it kinda looks like a girl but it's really hard to tell in pictures. Enjoy! Muscovies are awesome pets!!

Adorable Muscovy!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom