What breed is this hen?

I know that. I didn't say she was a japanese bantam. I said she looked a lot like mine going along with the previous responses that she was a mixed breed. Suggesting she might be a mix of japanese bantam.
I rarely post because I'm not an expert but thought I'd give a suggestion based on the fact that her coloring was so similar to my hen. I'll think better of it next time.
I didn’t mean to imply your comment wasn’t helpful. Just trying to point out the differences, as it’s not uncommon for people to assume two birds are the same breed based on coloration alone. The OP’s hen looks more wheaten than black tailed buff, but they are pretty similar in coloring.

There’s a wheaten American game hen in this post to compare:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...s-from-dark-bbr-american-game-family.1059798/.

Last edited:
I know that. I didn't say she was a japanese bantam. I said she looked a lot like mine going along with the previous responses that she was a mixed breed. Suggesting she might be a mix of japanese bantam.
I rarely post because I'm not an expert but thought I'd give a suggestion based on the fact that her coloring was so similar to my hen. I'll think better of it next time.
I'm interested in your pov! I don't know if some responses unReal how some the post remarks sound, I'm unclear on intent but you shouldn't feel like someone is being negative or contradiction of your comment in a confrontational manner! It is great to remark and your point of view is interesting! And always the same person discrediting anyone else's bird. Know it all mentality is not sparking conversation or learning it is just negative.

Back
Top Bottom