What breed is this little fuzzybutt

A cute one!
love.gif

Quote:
Hard to say. Most people are saying it looks like their own EE chick. But, a LOT of chicks look like that at that age. I can't see enough with the pic provided to say.

Also, how old

Probably around 1 week.

and, if possible, gender.

Too soon to tell. Though, some breeds with that pattern can be sexed.​

little to no tail yet so I would say less than a week old -- judging by my EE chicks which are just over a week old and are suddenly sprouting tail-fluff which will be feathers in a day or so (hatched Feb 28 or Mar 1)

look very much like two of my EEs (from Privett hatchery and designated Americanas) -- those feet look pink but so did the two of mine who are virtual duplicates of yours -- they are now developing a whiter scaly sort of look to their legs and feet

I've been told that coloration in EEs, usually means they are pullets, so I am hoping that's true for mine
fl.gif

I watched as the feed store unpacked welsummers, speckled sussex, and EEs (different store, from Belt hatchery) -- and those three breeds looked very much alike, and very much like your chick

enjoy !

I grabbed a little chick like this from the Rainbow Layers bin at the feed store a couple of years ago. I couldn't stand to wait and see what it was so i emailed the hatchery a pic and they told me it was a Sicilian butter cup.

Update - When I brought home two baby chicks (1 day old), one of them attacked my little sweetie in the eyes. I am new to chicks, but I was so taken aback, number one, that one chick would attack the other, and number two, that a 1 day old would attack a chick that's one or two weeks old. Any experience would be helpful. Thanks

She looks like one of my little Ameraucana's. I thought mine was a RIR until the stripes on the wings started to come out when she was 5 days old.

Back
Top Bottom