WHAT BREED IS THIS???? PLEASE HELP!!!

ChickenBantam

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Hi, I just got some baby chicks. I got 1 chick from assortment and can't find out what she is. It is a she because I ordered a girl. She is yellow with little face muffs, and she has black/brown wing feathers with white trim coming in. Here are the breeds in the assortment
easter egger
white wyandotte
white russian orloff
spangled russian orloff
antwerp belgian
sebrights
white crested black polish
welsummer
barred rocks
Btw she is a bantam. Thanks so much! btw her name is betty:) I'm positive she's a bantam. I ordered her from the bantam assortment.

Last edited:
the only muffed bantie breed there is Antwerp Belgian so I guess thats it. Cute, cute, cute!!!!!!

EEs have muffs and can be bantams also. It could be the Antwerp Belgian, but it doesn't have slate legs like the pictures I have seen of them.
hmm.png
Of course it doesn't have the normal green legs of an EE either, so I guess the best thing to do would be to wait until it feathers out more.

ETA: I just looked up some of the other breeds on that list and noticed that the Orloffs have beards/muffs also, so it could be one of those.

Last edited:
russian orloffs banties are super rare i think. Could be a bantam EE, I was assuming that all breeds were LF if not true bantams. I'd like to see it all grown up. Where did it come from?

Last edited:
She came from mypetchicken.com. I got her this last monday, she came from a hatchery in ohio. Mypetchicken.com is a really good place to get chicks. They all arrived safe and sound:)

Back
Top Bottom