What breed is this rooster?

Blueeyez

Songster
Nov 19, 2016
Purchased in a batch of "mixed bantams" although he's much larger than my other bantams and has a very strange comb

Screenshot_2019-09-10-11-17-18.png

Screenshot_2019-09-10-11-17-29.png

Screenshot_2019-09-10-11-17-50.png

Screenshot_2019-09-10-11-18-06.png

Really?! And I was thinking about selling him..... Maybe I'll try to find him a girlfriend instead Lol anyone know where I might be able to find a female match for him?

Also, read that sultan's have slate blue legs and 5 toes. He does have 5 toes, but his legs are bright yellow. Does that mean he isn't pure? And if so, does that mean I shouldn't find him a match after all?

Really?! And I was thinking about selling him..... Maybe I'll try to find him a girlfriend instead Lol anyone know where I might be able to find a female match for him?
Only spend effort to do that if he is bird/breed you truly love. Never because you read something. It takes tons of time to breed anything worthwhile and I have discovered it our passion that is key to keeping us content in this hobby. No amount of breeding birds other people like or will buy will make up for the personal payoff of working with birds YOU enjoy! ;)

He's a cutie. :love

Also, read that sultan's have slate blue legs and 5 toes. He does have 5 toes, but his legs are bright yellow. Does that mean he isn't pure? And if so, does that mean I shouldn't find him a match after all?

If he doesn't meet the standard he shouldn't be used for breeding. Also I don't know where The Livestock Conservancy gets their numbers but they can't be accurate. Either they aren't contacting very many breeders or they aren't counting the stock in the hatchery's. Nearly every hatchery sells Sultans. Not to mention the hundreds of breeders in the US alone.

Back
Top Bottom