What breed is this

HuffleClaw

Birds <3
Premium Feather Member
Jul 8, 2018
Alabama
Agreed that it is a cross. I'm not sure it has Buff Orpington in it though as Orpingtons should have white skin. Genetically white is dominant to yellow so a cross using a Buff Orpington should have produced a bird with white legs.
Do blue Orpingtons have slate legs? I thought I’d ask you since you are the the Orp Guru!

Mbrady71

Chirping
Mar 25, 2019
It looks like my americauna. Feathering and face very similar. I'm new to chickens so no expert. Just thought I would throw that out there. Does she have any fluff around ears?

Frazzemrat1

Free Ranging
May 8, 2017
Eastern Connecticut
It looks like my americauna. Feathering and face very similar. I'm new to chickens so no expert. Just thought I would throw that out there. Does she have any fluff around ears?
I hate to say it, but I your ameraucana looks like that... yellow (or green) legs, no muffs or beard etc... then she's an easter egger, not an ameraucana.

ColtHandorf

Crowing
Feb 19, 2019
Commerce, Texas
Do blue Orpingtons have slate legs? I thought I’d ask you since you are the the Orp Guru!
Haha! Thanks, but I'm far from an expert on them. But yes, Blue, Black, Splash, Chocolate and Lavender Orpingtons have either slate or black legs and feet depending on which variety you're talking about. Some of the patterned Orps may not require white legs, but off the top of my head I know Jubilee, Gold and Silver-laced, as well as Red require white. The Mottled Orpingtons probably don't require white as the varieties are on darker ground colors that do not require it, but I'd have to double check on that.

Top Bottom