What breed is this?

cmarcornejo

Chirping
Dec 28, 2020
Hi everyone! So this baby hatched out today, first ever from this parentage and I was surprised by the coloring! The hen was a 1st gen silkie mix (no idea the other breed) and the rooster is an EE. It doesn't look like my other EE chicks from the same rooster either. Does anyone have any ideas what the hens other breed could be? I was thinking that that is what's being expressed but idk! Maybe also just a different patterned EE?

Attachments

• F510B672-8065-4293-95B0-6B06B6330D1A.jpeg
    F510B672-8065-4293-95B0-6B06B6330D1A.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 15
It is sometimes hard to look at a full grown bird and pick out breeds. Some purebred chicks are even tricky to ID.

Wait until it feathers out completely and maybe we will have some sort of an idea. Pictures of the chick's dam would be easier to guess from if that's what you're wanting us to guess anyway.

Thank you! Hen looks like a regular white silkie, from what I understand all first gen silkies look like silkies

First generation Silkie-crosses tend to have the crest, feathered feet, extra toe, maybe dark skin, maybe beard. But they usually do NOT get the silkie feathers.

So if your hen has silkie feathers, then she may have more Silkie in her than you thought.

Back
Top Bottom