What breed is this?

Studabird

Songster
May 8, 2020
Southwest Louisiana
Okay I know it is a bad picture. My daughter’s friend has to get rid of a cockerel. It is a TSC special so they don’t know what it is either. If I get him he will be living with 8 Buff Brahma hens that are 14 months old.
FB86749A-4206-4E5B-93C4-DA87B1CD97D7.jpeg

Okay I know it is a bad picture. My daughter’s friend has to get rid of a cockerel. It is a TSC special so they don’t know what it is either. If I get him he will be living with 8 Buff Brahma hens that are 14 months old. View attachment 2801588
Very pretty, healthy-looking boy. He’s an Olive egger, so if you breed him to your hens the female offspring will likely lay shades of green.

Awesome. Thank you all again!!
Here are a couple more pics of him. My daughter told me the previous owners just didn’t want a Rooster. Come to find out they don’t mind roosters they just didn’t want him because he is a bad rooster. So I brought him home anyway and kept him separated from his future flock for the evening. This morning I let him out to mingle and he did wonderful. I walked right up on him and he backed away and while he has been breeding the girls it hasn’t been abusive. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on him.

Attachments

• 357DCBCA-D46E-4337-A9B6-C0680DCF9777.jpeg
    357DCBCA-D46E-4337-A9B6-C0680DCF9777.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 58EA0A44-2869-4849-971E-5BB80DDF80A4.jpeg
    58EA0A44-2869-4849-971E-5BB80DDF80A4.jpeg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 12
  • FC13D3EB-1765-4767-8B75-24687507CC0E.jpeg
    FC13D3EB-1765-4767-8B75-24687507CC0E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Here are a couple more pics of him. My daughter told me the previous owners just didn’t want a Rooster. Come to find out they don’t mind roosters they just didn’t want him because he is a bad rooster. So I brought him home anyway and kept him separated from his future flock for the evening. This morning I let him out to mingle and he did wonderful. I walked right up on him and he backed away and while he has been breeding the girls it hasn’t been abusive. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on him.
He looks like a good guy! Big enough to easily defend them from things.

You do realize you have a few random eggs laying around, right? It’s best to pick those up so there’s no predators attracted, or the hens eating them, or just rotten eggs. :sick

He doesn't look bad he looks happy.
Glad you gave him a chance to be a rooster.:)

Back
Top Bottom