What breed is this ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gladiator, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Gladiator

Gladiator In the Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    This hen was given to me, but I don't know what it is. Can anybody tell ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    An Oriental Game of some sort. She's either molting, very young, or been pecked a lot. She could be an Asil, or Thai, or even some sort of cross - The comb doesn't quite look pure pea comb.

3. Gladiator

Gladiator In the Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    Quote:Thanks for the reply. I'm also puzzled by the comb tipe. I just can't tell if the comb is just like that naturaly or if is been dubbed in that fashion.

4. Alicia G

Alicia G Songster

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    If I had to guess, she was dubbed, it looks as if her wattles were cleaned too. Pretty Gal [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    No, pretty sure she hasn't been dubbed. I think it's just an odd pea comb or incomplete pea comb. I've got a Shamo hen with a comb that, at the tip, sinks inward.

6. Gladiator

Gladiator In the Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    Thank you all for the input [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. spaceranger

spaceranger In the Brooder

Aug 3, 2011
    Quote:Yeah I have a hen with a comb thats similar she looks more like she has antannae and it's natural, no idea what breed as I have never found out what mine is, If she is laying are her eggs blue ? (properly all the way through the shell blue, not just a blue coating that can be scratched off) as thats what my hen lays. She is certainly a beauty whatever she is!

8. littleoak

littleoak Chirping

Sep 26, 2010
    Ashmore IL 61912
    Asil or cross would be my guess also. You might want to breed her with your very good looking Pumpkin in your photo and see what result you get.

9. teresa-78

teresa-78 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    wow never seen anything like it, looks like it has a turkey head.. Sorry I cannot help...

10. tclegg

tclegg Chirping

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Quote:Yeah I have a hen with a comb thats similar she looks more like she has antannae and it's natural, no idea what breed as I have never found out what mine is, If she is laying are her eggs blue ? (properly all the way through the shell blue, not just a blue coating that can be scratched off) as thats what my hen lays. She is certainly a beauty whatever she is!

There is some hens that has a comb that looks like antannae--one of them are called Le Fleche...almost like devil horns...LOL:eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by