What breed is this ???

Gladiator

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
This hen was given to me, but I don't know what it is. Can anybody tell ?

98384_p1030422.jpg

98384_p1030416.jpg

An Oriental Game of some sort. She's either molting, very young, or been pecked a lot. She could be an Asil, or Thai, or even some sort of cross - The comb doesn't quite look pure pea comb.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm also puzzled by the comb tipe. I just can't tell if the comb is just like that naturaly or if is been dubbed in that fashion.

No, pretty sure she hasn't been dubbed. I think it's just an odd pea comb or incomplete pea comb. I've got a Shamo hen with a comb that, at the tip, sinks inward.

Quote:
Yeah I have a hen with a comb thats similar she looks more like she has antannae and it's natural, no idea what breed as I have never found out what mine is, If she is laying are her eggs blue ? (properly all the way through the shell blue, not just a blue coating that can be scratched off) as thats what my hen lays. She is certainly a beauty whatever she is!

Quote:
Yeah I have a hen with a comb thats similar she looks more like she has antannae and it's natural, no idea what breed as I have never found out what mine is, If she is laying are her eggs blue ? (properly all the way through the shell blue, not just a blue coating that can be scratched off) as thats what my hen lays. She is certainly a beauty whatever she is!

There is some hens that has a comb that looks like antannae--one of them are called Le Fleche...almost like devil horns...LOL:eek:

Back
Top Bottom