what breed is this

And iopele, I dont think he was trying to type much . He was just tring to poop on my key board. Look at the last picture of the two of them
tongue.png

So a silver spangled HAmburg Mmmmm. The ones in the catalog look have simular ( know I spelled that one wrong, I have a horrible migraine And I can think) Feather colors.The Blue Andalusians Are very pretty, But I don't See the black and white in thier feathers.Hellebore Do you a picture of your chicken so we caan compare it. So another question on these guys. I also dont have a a very good picture Of brahmas, And I cant find any Pictures on a dark brahmas. But from what picture I do have of Light brahmas, mine have far to much black on them to be that one. I think somone also suggested Houdans, I don't think I could get that lucky, I love Afro. chikens. I do think I have to pullets, Does anybody agree with me on that?OH Ok I found the Dark Brahmas They do have the same color, although they do have boots, and these little guys dont have one. Do we need more pictures or better pictures or anything that way?

I don't have a picture, but if you go up to "search" and do a search for Silver-Spangled Hamburg and then look at the post "growing up" there is one identical to yours (and mine). I feel sure that is what you have there. I looked high and low to identify mine, and it is a pretty distinctive chicken.

I don't have a digital camera, but I hope to get one soon!! I may borrow my daughter's later.

Well I think you might be right Hellebore. Since your baby looks the same and you think its a Roo. What sex do you think mine are?

I have no idea. I am a newbie. I can tell you that by about 3 weeks of age mine had a pinkish comb with some dark purplish area and that now at 6 weeks he has a very prominent spiky rose comb growing and some very bright wattles as well.

I don't think you posted your chicks age.

I am honestly not sure what age these guys really are....like I said the girl at Murdochs couldn't tell me much of any thing. I went ahead and bought a bunch of chicks, all being different breeds. I did this so my daughter could learn hands on about different breeds of chickens and pyhsical differences. And then can judge them and pick out what she thinks the will be the best bird for her to show at the county fair. I think it would have been better to have gotten the chicks earlier this spring, and had ordered them. I am kind of worried that they will still be to small to show.

Ok I warned you guys in my other posts that I have a lot of pics to share. It has been a while since I posted any of them so I am behind. But I love to look at other peoples pics, so hopefully you will enjoy all of mine. Anyway here is an update on my mystery birds. One died this last week , which is a real bummer. But here is a picture of the one I still have. He is a flighty little bird. Not because he is scared of us but because he just wants to fly. He now has more feathers so maybe this will help you decide what he is.
chickenpics013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom