What breed is this?

jeffreytfinley

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
I bought this hen today, but don't have any idea what breed she is. She has feathers on her legs, but not her toes. She is HUGE!!

I'm pretty sure that's a rooster :( He seems to have saddle and hackle feathers. His comb is small but that's because it's a pea comb I think. I'm not sure of his breed, perhaps someone else will know.

Sorry :( It does look like he has those long pointy, shiny hackle and saddle feathers, and only roosters get those.

Any ideas on a breed? I thought maybe Cornish-but the feathers on the legs don't make sense, or a Malay? Or it could just be a mix of something.

Mixed breed rooster.

Photos don't always show things like this well, but that bird does not appear well. The hunched posture, the eyes seem not as bright as normal, the feathers look dull. Since it's in with other birds in the pic I'm guessing you didn't quarantine? You'll want to keep a close eye on him and your flock to make sure he didn't bring in any illness.

Mixed breed rooster.

Photos don't always show things like this well, but that bird does not appear well. The hunched posture, the eyes seem not as bright as normal, the feathers look dull. Since it's in with other birds in the pic I'm guessing you didn't quarantine? You'll want to keep a close eye on him and your flock to make sure he didn't bring in any illness.
X2

Those birds all came from the same place, and I thought the same thing. They appeared as if they had been in small cages, because when I put them in the house, they had trouble standing and walking. They are doing much better now.

Back
Top Bottom