what breed might this hen and rooster be?

I really love the buff barred roos and this spring I'm attempting to hatch some just as soon as get the combo of roo and hen it takes to make them as far as the hen I'd say Wellie or WellieX, don;t think shes a Brown leghorn X cfor the lack of white in the earlobes, and the pink is normall as a matter of fact it is a desirable trait in breeding flocks.

thats pretty much what I was thinking. the hen I am going to keep. the roo on the other hand is huge and not a BO, which is what I want if I let the BO hens hatch out some babies. I have been trying and trying to give him away with zero luck. if anybody would want him I would try very hard to get him to you.

beautiful chickens. don't know the breeds. I do a a stag that looks similar (but does not have the black) and he is a cross.
44962_chickens_01062010_026.jpg

In this one he is hauling butt. Guess he does not like pictures.
gig.gif
44962_chickens_01062010_064.jpg

Did come across a color variation but don't know if it is in standard breeds but did find it in Bantam breeds.......Crele......the bantams look a lot like your roos color but with more black barring.

Last edited:
My hatchery Welsummer from Privett lays eggs like that. They are brown with grey speckles and when I get it wet the speckles show up as brown...

Back
Top Bottom