What breed of chicken is this?

Dream Gardens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hi I but some 4 week old chicks. The lady said the whites are leghorns and the barred are barred rocks. I knew it wasn't true, they were large. I didn't call her out cuz they were cheap. They have short at ought bodies and thick legs. I thought they were broilers but have never seen any like this. They are splash, blue, lavender, barred and then a weird barred and brown color. Anyone know what they are would be great.

Would they be different colors like that? Cornish x r all white. N other broilers r like dark red or white as well...

Cornish come in a variety of colors. so yes, I have double laced dark Cornish. but if these are standard birds you will probably run into leg problems especially if the white are Cornish x and they will either suffer and die or they should be butchered. now im not saying that they will all have leg problems, but if you notice any with issues I would recommend butchering it. these issues arent so common in pure Cornish but when they are the Cornish cross that have injected with steroids to grow fast and large. anyways yes, Cornish come in tons of colors. I would they are cornish

Ok so they are the Cornish game? Or like a mix of Cornish with something? I know about the issues of Cornish x chickens and would butcher them at 7-8 weeks. These are about 6-7 weeks old now. Will they breed true or just throw weird stuff?

I'm not sure what they are, but they aren't Cornish (at least, not pure). They may be somebody's experimental meat bird cross (blue rock x cornish, barred rock x cornish, etc).

Well the lady said she got them from tractor supply. But I don't know if that's true. It wasn't her experiment because from what I saw it was her first batch of chickens and it wasn't working out as she planned I guess and she wanted to get rid of everything. Well I'll let them grow out and will keep a couple to try to breed and I'll see what I get. Should be a fun experiment. I was just wondering if someone know more specifically what they were. But they are pretty lazy and not very bright.

Yea I didn't think they were pure Cornish. I've been wanting to get some pure Cornish game for a while but they are hard to come by. Found one guy said he'd sell me some chicks in the spring so w'll see.

Back
Top Bottom