what breed or gender are these?

city chick 2069

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 15, 2013

can anyone help with my 6 week old bantam chicks...trying to sex them and id the breed of the barred one- smooth feathers (below).i think the 2 black ones are boys but am hoping the barred one is a girl. the back ones are girls i think. thanks- they are my first chickies hatched and being beautifully looked after by their foster mum.
i got the eggs from a bantam pekin breeder from her "kookie mix"

Last edited:
Where did you get the chicks or the eggs? What breeds do we have to choose from?

We need better pics of each chick, but in the first pic I see a white female, a barred male and a black male. Second pic is a barred male. Not sure what breed--light colored lightly feathered legs might mean cuckoo Marans.

Black Pekin/Cochin cockerel

White Frizzle Pekin/Cochin pullet

Small Barred bird: Cuckoo Marans or Barred Plymouth Rock. Larger brown and red bird: Can't tell, but could be a mix, or Brown Red Cochin/Pekin hen.

Does it have feathered legs? Could be a red Cochin/Pekin frizzle, I think.

Probably a Cuckoo Marans pullet. can anyone help with my 6 week old bantam chicks...trying to sex them and id the breed of the barred one- smooth feathers (below).i think the 2 black ones are boys but am hoping the barred one is a girl. the back ones are girls i think. thanks- they are my first chickies hatched and being beautifully looked after by their foster mum.
i got the eggs from a bantam pekin breeder from her "kookie mix"

Cuckoo Marans or Barred Rock, not sure on gender.

Black Pekin, probably cockerel.

White Frizzle Pekin, pullet.

Not sure what the Barrred bird is, but the black one on the right is likely a Pekin/Pekin cross.

Does this bird have feathered feet? Looks like a Red Pekin frizzle, pullet.

Barred frizzle Pekin, pullet.

Not sure.

Thanks guys-I can't keep roosters as live in urban area so the black boys have to go and will await developments on the barred one.

apparently they could be pekins,silky,belgians,aracans or frizzles 
yes they're fizzles except for the first one that's a pekin bantam and last one that's a barred rock:) those are good showing breeds I don't know about gender though pull out the wing and if the first set of feathers is longer than the other it's a girl if they're all the same size it's a boy it can be a confusing way of sexing though

yes they're fizzles except for the first one that's a pekin bantam and last one that's a barred rock:) those are good showing breeds I don't know about gender though pull out the wing and if the first set of feathers is longer than the other it's a girl if they're all the same size it's a boy it can be a confusing way of sexing though
I meant frizzle

Back
Top Bottom