What breed rooster is this?!

TaylorLD

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2022
Younger frizzled rooster, what does everything think his breeding is?

Attachments

• 9EDE9F1A-AD22-490B-9222-D884427864B2.jpeg
    9EDE9F1A-AD22-490B-9222-D884427864B2.jpeg
    923.1 KB · Views: 14
Often frizzles get their frizzling from Cochin bantams but I see no evidence of that here. I think he is a very mixed barnyard rooster. Hatcheries do now sell frizzled Easter eggers, so that's a possibility.
Agreed.

Often frizzles get their frizzling from Cochin bantams but I see no evidence of that here. I think he is a very mixed barnyard rooster. Hatcheries do now sell frizzled Easter eggers, so that's a possibility.
He’s not bantam sized, definitely full sized. And not hatchery. I have had someone say he looks like their barnevelder Roo, but he’s definitely a mix, and I have no idea where the frizzle gene could’ve come from as I agree with you and don’t see any Cochin

He’s not bantam sized, definitely full sized. And not hatchery. I have had someone say he looks like their barnevelder Roo, but he’s definitely a mix, and I have no idea where the frizzle gene could’ve come from as I agree with you and don’t see any Cochin
Many breeds have frizzled varieties, so it could've come from any where, really. He's a handsome boy so treasure him regardless of pedigree.

Back
Top Bottom