What Breed(s) Do You Really Want But Can Find In Your Area?

Quote:
Tell me where you are, may be able to help with the Marans. Oh, the name of the breed is Marans, always with the S on the end, whether you are talking about one bird or a whole flock!
smile.png

Quote:
True ISA Browns can be found at Townline Hatchery

Chris

Yes, Fred's Hens also told me about Townline Hatchery but I'm worried about how long it takes for them to get to me. I don't want them to die because it took too long for them to make it to Louisiana.

Quote:
True ISA Browns can be found at Townline Hatchery

Chris

Yes, Fred's Hens also told me about Townline Hatchery but I'm worried about how long it takes for them to get to me. I don't want them to die because it took too long for them to make it to Louisiana.

I've had birds shipped from CA to MI. Townline packs well and has vigorous, hardy birds. From here to there is not going to be a problem.

Any breed that is in the States can be shipped to any other State provided the breeder is NPIP and meets the requirements of your State. It's easy and relatively inexpensive considering that a bird can go from coast to coast in 2 days.

No need to even ask the question concerning 'your area.'

As to breeds not currently in the USA/Canada: well, that is another story entirely.

Kraienkoppes, Russian Orloffs, and Sumatras!

I don't know of any breeders in my area, but I'm joining the SPPA soon and hope to get a breeders' directory from them. I assume I'll find something then.

~Gresh~

Back
Top Bottom