What breed(s) is Rose?

hensdeliverthegoods

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Catawba County, NC
I'm wondering what breed or breeds my little pullet Rose is. I was told she's a Red Star, but the other chick I got with her turned out to be a BO. Rose has white legs, but almost no comb or wattle development yet. She's also much smaller than the BO, who is supposed to be the same age. I believe she's 18-20 weeks old. She also has a bit of black at the ends of her tail feathers. The person who hatched her has Red Stars, BO's and GL Wyandottes.
She is in the background here.
IMG_0113-1.jpg

Rose is on the right here
IMG_0112.jpg

Again, she's on the right.
IMG_0122.jpg

And in the background again here - did I mention my poor little Rose is bottom of the pecking order?
IMG_0120.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I have a BO named Rose on the bottom of the pecking order...and I have a BO named Violet too. I chose their names from the british comedy "Keeping up appearances" I have a Daisy and a Hyacinth and I had a rooster named Onslo. Is that how you chose your names too or are you going with Flower names?

Quote:
Both, actually!
lol.png
I decided on flower names for my flock, but we decided with these first four to give them the "Keeping up Appearances" names. When we thought Violet was a rooster, she was named Onslow. And the boss hen is - of course - Hyacinth!
lol.png

Thank you so much for your input, Cynthia. I'm looking forward to watching Rose grow.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom