What breed(s) of chickens do you want, but have a tough time finding?

Silver Ameraucana.

A long-tailed, crested, bearded, muffed blue egg layer in silver Duckwing, golden Duckwing, blue, black, splash and lavender. Maybe spangled and laced.

You mean Legbars? Lol

No beard or muff, but you could mutt them up with crossing to Ameraucanas if you wanted. Cream looks like silver crele Duckwing, there's also golden crele, white, blue crele, lavender crele, and someone is working on pumpkin. The only limitation in what colors are allowed is the pattern must be autosexing.

Attachments

• 20220904_123421.jpg
    20220904_123421.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I'm not "shopping" anymore but when I was I was unable to procure quality Rosecomb white Dorkings, lf white polish, and lf white Houdans don't even seem to exist anymore, silver leghorns, barred leghorns, lf crele leghorns.

To be honest, many standardbred breeds or varieties, particularly of large fowl, may only actually have one or two dedicated breeders propping them up and keeping them going, and many of those breeders are ageing. Sometimes the most exotic bird you could raise could be something you might actually think quite normal.

That's because I have yet to make it! Well there is something close Schijndelaar.
I have a schijindelaar rooster that I will probably be rehoming. I absolutely love him, but he crows (frequently, but had a very short, quiet crow compared to other breeds I've had) and I don't want to upset my neighbors. When we move I will probably invest in quite a few of this breed.

Back
Top Bottom