What breed/sex might I have?

Rhoades

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2017

They are 3 months old. If you need a different picture, please let me know. I have no idea what to look for.
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to BYC!
At this point none are showing blatant signs of being cockerels - though solid white birds can be hard to discern as far as clues found in plumage. Is that a black feather on the back of the one bird? If so, do any of the others have any random black feathering on them? There are a few possible breed IDs -

Yes. There are a couple with random black feathers

Random black feathering leads me towards California Whites -- excellent layers! While they are often advertised as being the "dalmation of the chicken coop" in regards to markings, production bred birds being churned out by hatcheries tend to be rather disappointing with regards to the markings and many have few, if any, actual "spots"

Can you tell if they are hens?
They hatched from brown eggs? I don't know if that means anything. I am very new to the world of chickens.

Hatching from brown eggs eliminates California whites. Chances are they are some form of mixed breed. Were the new photos more recent or do they show more birds in the flock?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom